Divine Inspiration - Chapter 1

A/N: Strae rocks my socks for sticking with me, even when I'm incredibly annoying...

Any recognized characters and/or situations belong to their rightful owner. No copyright infringement intended.


Divine Inspiration

Chapter 1


If you ever enter my mind, stay there.

Chevelle ~ Letters from a Thief


Sometimes I wondered what these girls – these adolescent, immature, underage female children – would think if they knew I was actually 107 years old, despite my 17-year-old body. I was tempted to drop hints about knowing their great-great grandparents, in hopes that maybe it would make the mental torment stop.

But I couldn't reveal to any of these humans that I was really 107 years old, because I was a vampire, and we vampires had rules to live by. Nor could I let it slip that I'd met Eunice Stanley, Jessica's great-great grandmother. Time really didn't change much, if I was being honest. Jessica was Eunice's slightly more voluptuous twin, in both mind and body.

It really creeped me out thinking about Jessica's great-great grandmother imagining the same things she did.

She was long gone now, buried under six feet of soil in Forks' one and only cemetery; rotting, decaying, dead.

Yet her great-great granddaughter – who was not remotely great at all, in my opinion – sat a mere twenty feet from me imagining almost frame-for-frame the exact same scenarios with me that old Euni did.

And sadly, those weren't even the most disturbing thoughts running through my head. No, there was a much, much less wholesome mind in this room, and it wasn't mine.

Jessica Stanley – and her grandmother – had a tame mind compared to another in this classroom.

The Guilty: Mr. Elliot, at his desk, with the candlestick.

The Victim: Me.

But he didn't want to bludgeon me with a candlestick. That, in all reality, wouldn't have fazed me. No, metaphorically speaking, he wanted to use his candlestick, on me.

I shuddered as he again wondered how much flunitrazepam he would have to use to knock me cold. Lucky for him, I was already cold. Unlucky for him, the date rape drug wouldn't be affecting my system anytime soon.

I could only hope – as much as the thoughts gave me waking nightmares – that he kept his attention on me. The moment he strayed to, say, Mike Newton – the fleshy, little human dork – I would be relocating him. Permanently if Carlisle allowed me.

As much as time hasn't changed a thing – e.g. Me, Jessica versus Eunice Stanley – I never remembered human thoughts being quite as crass and brutal as Mr. Elliot's. He was a teacher, for goodness sake. He was supposed to nurture the minds of our youth, divulge priceless knowledge to tomorrow's prodigies.

Instead, while I sat there pretending to finish my quiz at a 'normal' pace, he stole furtive glances at my jaw line and 'sex hair', envisioning acts I considered torturous enough to only be considered acceptable in Hell.

If vampires were sadists, what did that make humans?

The Great Rebellion of Edward Cullen: Herbivore Turned Carnivore, had exposed some wicked mentality. Rapists, murderers, drug lords, but still, Mr. Elliot's mind troubled me. The late 1920's had nothing on today's criminal minds.

I could almost feel guilt for being a strict vegetarian, and for that I was ashamed. If Carlisle knew…

Oh, God, he caught me looking again. His eyes, they're so captivating. Oh, Master would worship me if I brought him home. Master. Worship. Me!

I rolled my downward cast eyes toward him once again and he went back grading papers.

Shit. It's almost like he knows what I'm thinking. I wonder if he's interested. Maybe that's why he looks at me.

I withheld a snort. I doubted even his 'Master' was even interested in him. He was just another mouth at his disposal, if I could hedge a guess.

Humans are just as sadistic as vampires, I decided.

– – –

The lunch period was exceedingly annoying. Alice was blocking me, which confused me, and Jasper was practically radiating lust. That, of course, meant that Emmett and Rosalie's thoughts were nothing but filth, and I was helpless to watch it all in my mind's eye, undoubtedly horny because of Jasper and his goddamn 'gift'.

Alice's mind erupted unexpectedly and I couldn't deny the groan that bubbled from my chest.

Her. Straddling my piano bench. Staring at me. Feeling me.

Her. Pressing me back against my headboard. Taking me into her warm mouth. Tasting me.

Her. Under a burst of water. Dark hair flowing over her breasts. Allowing me to taste her.

Her. Spread out in my meadow. Naked. Kissing me. Under me. Becoming one with me. Taking me. Allowing me to take her.

I jumped up from the cafeteria table, my move too quick for a human to even notice. I hissed through my teeth as I forced myself to keep a human pace as I made my way to my Volvo. The four Cullens at the lunch table burst out laughing at my hasty retreat.

"Fuck. You. All," I growled.

They continued to laugh.

I was in my Volvo when a new image hit me.

Her.

I'd never seen this one before.

She was dressed in black. The room was dark. Her hair was cascading in waves down her back. Her face was flushed. Her lips full, red like rich wine.

I had no idea where she was, but this image felt darker. Something was happening and I had no idea what. The dark that surrounded her contrasted her pale skin, her glowing eyes, her warmth. All the other visions were light, so very bright in comparison.

I waited for Alice to send me something else, more, but she didn't. They were all still laughing at my expense. Making fun of my 'horny, constipation face' – as Emmett called it. It was her face, apparently I only wore it when she was in my mind.

I tried to avoid thinking about her for that exact reason. It didn't escape my notice that the only visions I had – via Alice – were all sexual. Except maybe that last one. But the flush of her skin spoke volumes. She looked aroused, her eyes dark, hooded, and lust-filled. No, the last one was sexual too.

The whole aspect was overwhelming, though, due to the fact that she could flush. She was obviously human. Human! Alice's visions showed a human performing acts of love and lust on and with me.

Human and vampire relations were unheard of. Unless, of course, the vampire planned to feed after taking the human in a sexual manner.

I didn't feed from humans, therefore that was unthinkable. I couldn't even fathom…

There were exceptions to every rule, and the Denali Coven was immediately who came to mind. They were a strict animal-blood-diet vampire coven. The women prayed on human men to fill their sexual appetite rather than feeding to fulfill their bloodlust.

Still, I couldn't imagine that being remotely possible for me.

I was left reeling.

Who was she?

The Denalis copulated with a one-time-only outlook, mostly just because of the temperature of our body. Naturally, we were exceedingly easy on the eyes, men tended to have a one-track mind, and the first time, they probably barely noticed. A second time around, I imagine things don't go down quite the same. It was fairly obvious that that wasn't what was to happen with me and her. Which leaves me with one theory.

She knows.

It was only two weeks ago that Alice had her first vision of her.

I tried not to plan my strategy so I could make a move Alice wouldn't see coming. She was searching my future hard though, trying to figure out a way to beat me. She hated when I won.

The simple game of chess. Oh, how much fun it could bring to our monotonous lives.

Alice snickered evilly to herself and I probed at her mind, trying to figure out what she thought was so funny. She was the most skilled of everyone at blocking me, though. Esme was the worst, but her thoughts were mostly pure and kindhearted. That was only a problem when I was the target of her compassionate thoughts. I hated it when she worried for me; worrying herself needlessly about my 'loneliness'.

"You're toast," Alice goaded.

I smirked at her. "Bring it on, little sister."

"Oh, I so have you beat," she said in her thoughts.

She moved exceptionally fast, rearranging her chessmen as she saw fit. My smirk fell. She grinned devilishly.

"Shit," I muttered.

She laughed out loud, throwing her head back with a boisterous laugh. I smiled despite myself. Jasper may be the empath, but Alice could still manipulate my feelings quite well. Sibling love, and all that, I suppose. Emmett could manipulate my feelings as well, only in the opposite way. I swear, whenever he was having fun, I was miserable. There were reasons for that as well.

Alice was busy prying at our future, trying to decide if we played another game who would win. I was supposed to have won this game, but her foresight didn't take into account how meddlesome she was when she wanted to win.

I leaned precariously back in my chair, waiting for her decision.

A vision came to her and we both started at it. It had nothing to do with our chess match.

I literally fell backwards with my chair, while Alice gasped, "What the fuck?"

"Alice!" Esme chastised. Then rebuked my name as I smashed the chair underneath me.

The vision in Alice's head was… impossible.

I stared at her from the floor as she sat completely immobile in her chair. I was waiting for the laugh, the "Haha, gotcha," or anything that proved this was some big joke. It had to be. This wasn't possible.

She looked just as blankly shocked as I felt.

"What the fuck?" I asked.

"Edward!" Esme screeched. "What is going on? You both know I hate that word!"

I could feel the whole family surrounding us now, worried, expectant, confused. Jasper was trying to calm us down, but he was too worried about Alice to be effective. If anything, he was making this all that much worse for us.

I couldn't bring myself to care. The image was still sitting there in our heads. Crystal clear, not a hint of blurring around the edges or smoky as if it was still an unknown. It was distinct, vivid. This was going to happen.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything to break this spell, but no words came out. I didn't bother closing my mouth. I just sat there, slack-jawed and bemused.

I felt like I was sitting in a dark, empty auditorium, staring at an enormous projection screen. The image of Alice's vision was all I could see.


A girl, a young human girl, was in my meadow. Her hair was brown with soft curls, it looked very soft, and so thick. Her hair was intermingled with thin wisps of green grass. Her skin was pale, not deathly so, like mine, but pale for a human.

Her eyes were deep, bright and slightly wild, a rich brown that I was instantly in love with. Her nose was small and straight, with just the lightest dusting of freckles over the bridge. Her cheeks were bloomed with color, rich with her life as she blushed.

Her lips were parted, full and lush, glistening with moisture. I could see a hint of bright white teeth and pale pink tongue inside her mouth. Her neck was arced just slightly, bending her throat forward, virtually in offering. Her skin had a translucent quality, I could almost see the blood rushing through her veins.

Her body was small, thin. She looked faintly curvy, but I couldn't tell. My own arm was in the way of her breasts, my body spreading her legs wide and hiding her most intimate secret.

My hips were centered between her own and it was indisputably obvious that I was inside of her. There was no way I could be that close to her body unless I was inside of her.

In her.

Just as unexpected as the last, Alice foresaw again. It was the same scene as before, only slightly different.

I was bowed forward, my lips pressing lightly against the pulse point in her throat, her head tilted back further yet, her mouth open wider.

Holy shit.

"Edward is going to have sex with a girl!" Alice shrieked.

That ruined it.

Ever since that first image two weeks ago, I've been undeniably confused, and horny, and irritable, and horny, and…

I groaned as I heard the approaching thoughts. The thoughts stuttered slightly at the sound.

Dude, are you still at it? How long does it take you?

I groaned again.

Hurry up.

I hissed.

Are you jacking off or what? I'm not coming over there if you have the nookie monster out.

The what? "What do you want, Emmett?"

Are you coming to class? He snickered to himself over his lame joke.

"Why don't you ask Alice, since she likes to blab her premonitions like a two-dollar circus freak," I quipped.

Oh, ouch, Alice thought sarcastically, mentally rolling her eyes at me. Be nice, asshole, Jasper warned.

"Yes, I'm coming to class, Emmett," I growled.

He snickered loudly, drawing attention to his massive form while he stood under a stray tree to avoid the rain.

Emmett Cullen is so dreamy, thought one of the girls currently gawking at him.

I felt the urge to reveal to her that the carpet matched the drapes for Emmett, so the speak. His head wasn't the only part of his body that was covered in thick, dark, curly hair. For some reason, Rosalie didn't insist that he shave it off. I really didn't want to know why. He looked like a pale skinned ape, only slightly more hairy.

"Ape," I muttered as I passed him.

He grinned widely. "At least I have chest hair, you prepubescent twink." He snorted to himself. Rosie likes my hair, she says it's soft. He directed his thoughts at me then. Bet your little meadow minx is going to laugh at your lack of maturity.

I vaguely caught the doubt meaning of his words – implying to my perpetual state of virginity – but it barely registered. I saw red the moment he referred to my girl as a 'meadow minx'.

I nearly launched at him for insulting her, but Alice screamed my name with her thoughts over and over again until I decided that I should probably avoid a confrontation on school property.

But that asshole was going to pay for that when we got home. How dare he talk about my girl that way?

Holy shit.

My girl? I didn't even have a clue what her name was, yet somehow she'd ended up at my girl. Simply calling her 'girl' wasn't exactly appropriate, though, and I wasn't going to be nicknaming her something vulgar like 'meadow minx'. I quite obviously intended to make her mine – in one way at least – so I guess 'my girl' wasn't such a bad way to put it.

Yeah, except you're staking a claim on an innocent human girl you haven't even met. She's not yours.

Yet.


0 comments: