Purgatory: Senior Year - Chapter 15

All recognized characters belong to Stephenie Meyer. No copyright infringement intended.

This chapter has been beta'd by the ever amazing: Strae


I let her initiate the amount of PDA as we walked through the empty hall towards the office. A little plan formed and I grabbed her hand just before we made it to the glass partition that Ms. Cope could see through.

I pulled her to a stop and said, "Stay here, I'll be right back."

I put on my best stressed look as I walked into the office. Ms. Cope's eyes widened a little then became heavy as she stared at me. Sick, and oh-so easy. I leaned forward onto her desk, creating a nice gap between my shirt and my skin.

If girls could use their cleavage to get what they wanted, so could I. "Ms. Cope?" I said sweetly.

I waited for her, not hurrying the process. She seemed to collect her bearings after a few moments. She cleared her throat and leaned back from my closeness. "Edward, you're late."

"Oh, Ms. Cope, I'm having a terrible day," I said in a voice I hoped would bring pity. "I got a flat on the way in and I was giving a friend a ride and it's made us both late." I sighed, staring into her eyes. "I don't know what to do."

I went to pull at my hair, knowing I could make it flop into my eyes, but got nothing but the short strands running softly against my palm. Damn. I pouted at her. "W-w-what can I do for you, Edward?" That line is so overused.

I tried to look even more sad, pushing my eyebrows together in an innocent attempt to get my way. It's not like I was robbing a bank here… "I don't know, Ms. Cope. Is there anything you can do for me?"

She was putty in my hands. "Who's the friend you mentioned? I'll just make sure you were both marked present, but just this once Edward, next time you have a terrible day, you're going to have to deal with it."

"Ms. Cope, if you'll get in trouble then you shouldn't."

"Nonsense. What's his name?"

"Um, actually it is Bella Swan."

I swear I heard her teeth snap together. Jealous of a student, how despicable. "Have a nice day, Edward," she said shortly.

"Ms. Cope," I started, trying to backtrack after admitting it was a girl who was with me. I needed our records clean.

"It's taken care of, Edward, get to class."

"Oh, thank you," I said, taking the two slips of paper she was handing me. "Thank you," I said again, and then again as I backed away, and a final time before walking out the door. The thing with her was you could never say thank you enough.

"A terrible day, huh?" Bella asked me as I neared her.

I smirked. "Damn flats."

She snickered and I pushed one of the yellow slips into her hands. I checked the halls quickly then leaned in a kissed her lightly. "I love you," I said then stood back up and started towards our lockers.

"I love you too, but you're in so much trouble for doing that to poor Ms. Cope."

I feigned innocence. "Doing what? I didn't do anything, besides lie a little, but what's a little white lie?"

She glared at me from my side. "You know damn well the effect you have on women, and you use it against us."

I frowned. "When have I used it against you?"

"Um, let me think," she said, indulging me as she placed her finger on her chin, thinking. "Well, the first thing that comes to mind is your fake little 'Oh Bella, I'm so nervous, kiss me,' thing in the car yesterday, but there are other times as well."

I laughed. "Are you complaining?"

She pursed her lips and she really seemed to be thinking about it. "No. Well, yes, and no. Even if I don't like when you use it on me." I raised my eyebrows at her. "Don't look at me like that. Just because I may enjoy it in some way does not mean I enjoy it completely. It isn't fair that you get whatever you want just because you're cute."

I smirked. "Bella, you could get whatever you want because you're cute too, you just have to be willing to use it."

"Shut up." I did. She growled a little. "My point is that… that…."

What is your point, Bella? Why are you afraid to say it now when two seconds ago you told me to shut up so you could say it? "What?" I asked.

"My point is that I don't want you using it on other girls," she hissed.

I smirked again. "Does that mean I still have permission to use it on you?"

She looked so flustered as she idly spun the dial on her locker. "No, yes, no." She shook her head.

"Was that a yes or a no?" I asked, smirking at the enraged look in her eyes.

"I'm not giving you permission to use it, but I am banning you from using it on others."

I laughed now, I couldn't help it. I nudged my locker shut after grabbing what I needed while Bella still seemed to be unable to open hers. "Sounds good to me."

I moved towards her while she kept spinning the combination dial. "Do you need some help, love?" I asked her.

She seemed to notice her fingers spinning the dial then. "No," she snapped quickly.

I snickered while she kept spinning it. "What's your combination?"

Her breathing picked up and she looked incredibly worried as she stared at the lock. I was trying so hard not to laugh for her sake.

"Did you forget?" I asked her.

She whimpered a little. "No," she said, trying to still sound angry but panic was rising into her tone.

I moved up behind her and slid my right hand down her right arm, making her stop her frantic spinning of the dial. "Just stop and think for a moment," I said into her hair, right where her ear should be. I placed my other hand on her torso. Her breathing didn't slow but got even shorter.

Don't laugh. I choked it back and started using my fingers on hers to turn the dial. "Do you remember?"

"I-I didn't forget, I… just… can't… remember."

Oh, god, how can I not laugh at this? Don't. "Kiss me and I'll tell you the combination," I said, trying not to snort or laugh.

There was a tiny sliver of silence before her elbow connected with my stomach. "Ugh, damn it, Edward!"

I lost it. I snorted and laughed and nearly fell to the floor. I backed away from her murderous glare and clutched my hand over my mouth, though it did nothing to silence my loud laughing.

"Stop being a jerk and tell me the combination," she grumbled at me. It made me laugh harder. How did she forget the combo?

She moved to completely unfair territory then, her eyes tearing up. God damn it, she can't cry. I quit laughing promptly. "23-31-6," I told her, her locker combination.

She spun the dial and threw her locker open, grabbing the books she needed and slamming it then stomping down the hall to class. I shook my head and chuckled to myself, walking quickly after her and caught my finger in one of her belt loops, stopping her right before she opened the door to go to study hall.

"Are you really mad at me?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered. I frowned and stepped around her, keeping my hand on her lower back. She stared scornfully at my chest and I swear I saw her lips twitch as she closed her eyes. "I might forgive you… if you kiss me."

I grinned and chuckled, that's my girl. "If you seriously think I won't kiss you every time you ask, you have another thing coming."

I did a completely old-fashioned move, sweeping her nearly off her feet, leaning her back to kiss her. She panicked mildly at first, nearly dropping her things, but recovered as soon as my lips touched hers. And since she asked for it, I made sure I was very thorough.

She purred deep in her throat as I licked and sucked at her sweet lips. Now if only I could get her to part them. She wasn't having it, apparently being in public meant Bella kept her mouth closed – to my tongue anyways.

I groaned when her lips didn't open for me. I stood her back upright and scowled at her. "You ask me to kiss you, then you don't even let me." She started giggling to herself. "I don't know how that's funny," I whined.

"Because you're such a baby. I've never seen a more ridiculous pout in all my life," she said. "Now we have to get to class."

"I'll make you kiss me later," I promised in a warning tone.

She just smiled. Shit. I carried my books strategically low as she opened the classroom door. I walked in behind her, and I swear to God every student in the room would be seeing my father for mild cases of whiplash. As we walked to the teacher's desk in the back of the classroom with our excused tardy slips, the whole room broke out in a dull buzz as the whispers started.

Stupid fucking small town pieces of shit. Why could no one mind their own business? We took two seats in the back of the class, and everyone shamelessly continued to stare and whisper.

It went on like this all morning. As we stood in the lunch line, no one even tried to hide the fact that they were gawking.

"Why are they all staring?" Bella asked me.

"I don't know, Bella, but we might as well give them a show."

She gave a nervous laugh then looked up at me. I was dead serious, and when she realized this she gulped. "No, Edward, don't,' she whispered worriedly.

"Why not?" I raised my voice. "They are all staring anyway." She elbowed me in the side so I quieted back down for her. "If they want a show, why not give it to them?" She looked so afraid. "Calm down," I tried to reassure her.

She sighed and placed her hand in mine. I knew this was the most action I'd be get in public. Hell, holding my hand was something at least, I'd take it.

I grabbed a tray and threw one of everything on it. "Hungry much?" she asked me.

"Half is for you… Take whatever you want." I paid for everything and lead Bella by her hand to my usual seat.

I pushed the tray towards her, giving her first pick. Stupid me only grabbed one slice of pizza which Bella picked. "I wanted that… You can have it, just give me a bite."

She rolled her eyes at me and I opened my mouth. She shoved half the slice in my mouth, smirking. What a brat. If she was shoving that much in, I was taking a huge ass bite.

"Impressive," she said, eying the bite I took then took one of her own, eating off the same spot I took a bite from.

I swallowed the half chewed bite too quickly, almost causing myself to choke. "You should see what else I can do with my mouth," I purred quietly, wagging my eyebrows. Her blush carried down to beneath her shirt. I smirked.

"Ewww, you two share food now," Emmett said.

"I think it's cute," Alice said.

I ignored them and grabbed the Coke on the tray. "I wanted that," Bella muttered, "but you can have it."

I rolled my eyes at her this time and cracked the Coke. I held it up for her and she took a drink while I held the can.

"God, and they feed each other. They're disgusting," Emmett groaned.

"It's cute," Alice insisted.

I put the can to my mouth and took a big swig, tasting the slightest hint of Bella and pizza with my Coke.

I leaned closer to Bella, nuzzling my nose into her hair, breathing deeply. "I love you," I whispered.

The heat radiated from her like the glowing sun as she blushed. You'd think I said something terrible and embarrassing the way she turned red. Maybe it was embarrassing for her, to hear that I love her in front of a room full of staring people. My fragile ego took a blow even though I suspected she wouldn't say it back here. She did look at me though, looking extremely apologetic, if not sad.

Lunch continued, everyone stared. I started losing my temper, Bella told me they'd find a new shiny toy to ogle tomorrow – I doubted that.

At least for most of our classes we got the choice of where we sat, unless there was a substitute teacher. I made sure Bella was at my table whenever possible. Of course, after the lunch hour we had to part ways completely. I was clinging to her hand, not wanting to be apart from her. I didn't even care if she was worried about people seeing. As we neared the door to her class, I desperately pulled her to me, kissing her soft, full lips.

I nearly cried with relief to be tasting and touching her again. My hand in hers was great, but nothing would ever compare to kissing her… Well… No, not even that, yet.

I parted my lips even though I knew she wouldn't do the same. I traced her lips with my tongue, just to really get the taste of her on my tongue before I had to go hours without kissing her again. I sighed to myself. Fucking school, the hellish demon wife of the devil Satan himself.

I pulled back from her lips and moved my lips to her ear. I kissed the skin right below it and earned a nice little gasp as I flicked my tongue over it.

God, how I want her. "Would you kill me if I gave you a hickey?"

I knew the answer to that questions. "Yes."

I groaned into her ear. "Come on, I'm sick of Jacob and Mike and James and Tyler staring at me with their murderous glares and staring at you like they should be the one on your arm."

"How is a hickey going to help that?"

"I don't know, a symbol maybe. I don't know. I just really want to give you one."

"No… If my dad sees it, and he will, he'll kill me, then you."

I growled against her skin and she shuddered against me lightly. "Give me one then." That was second best, plus it would feel fucking amazing.

"W-w-what?" she stuttered.

"You heard me."

"Edward, I-" The warning bell cut her off. "You have to get to class."

I growled and placed my lips and teeth against her neck. She gasped, her breath catching roughly in her throat. "Edward, don't," she rasped.

I swirled my tongue in a furious circle then took my teeth off of her, circling my tongue again over where my teeth had been. Her hands were clutching at my biceps now, though she wasn't pushing me away yet, and if I was guessing, she was pulling me closer. I sucked my saliva off her skin and pulled my lips away, eying the spot under her ear.

There was a set of faint teeth marks and the skin was a bit red but it wasn't going to bruise. I don't care if she was going to kill me, I was going to give her a hickey damn it, even if it was a for-my-eyes-only spot… Hell, that would make it better.

I grinned at my new plan. I kissed the shocked, puckered "o" on her lips and said, "Have a good class," then departed for my own.

As I sat down in the back of the classroom, I pulled out my cell phone and started typing a text message.

Hey Jazz, will you please take Alice out tonight so I can have the house alone with Bella, we need to study? Send.

His reply came quickly. Study lol who do u think ur kiddin. You dont get HS credits 4 studying the human anatomy.

I laughed. No, Jazz, we actually have to study. I just don't want to listen to you and Alice discovering each other's human anatomy while we are trying to concentrate. Send.

O cum on that was 1 time n it wasnt my idea. i'll take Al out if she'll go but if she thinks u n bella r going against what she considers right she wont cum.

It's not my problem that you can't make your girlfriend cum. Send.

Ur sick.

Learn how to spell. Send.

I spell jus fine thnx. I'll try to get Al out but dont count on it.

Jasper fucks Al. Send. I snickered to myself.

Ur so immature.

Ur so gay. Send.

Just remember that ur fucking urself n i have Al.

I laughed and the second bell rang so I pocketed my phone.

The rest of the school day was long and boring. I couldn't wait to be alone with her, just to study… Well, and to leave my mark on her.

You're sick. So I've been told.

Seriously, if I had to see one more person staring at me, or her, or hear one more whisper about Cullen and Swan, I'd kill someone. I had chosen targets, the ones who kept glaring and yearning. I swear this school is going to be the death of me.

Bella's hand caught mine as we carried our books to my car and I instantly relaxed. This was all worth it to be with her.

I opened the passenger side door for her and she sank down into it and after closing it, I made my way around to my side. I didn't know if driving fast or slow would be better – maybe she didn't want me there, maybe she did, maybe not 'til later, maybe she didn't want to be alone. I didn't have much time to think, she lived only a couple miles from the school. I didn't know where to park. Just ask, you dumb coward.

"Where should I park?"

"That depends on how long you're staying."

Nice open ended answer, Bella. I took my usual place along side her truck. Again I plucked up the courage to ask a question. "Do you want me to come in?"

"If you want to come in," she said casually.

Why was I nervous wreck now? Probably because we were going to be alone, for a couple hours at least, with multiple soft surfaces at our disposal. I could control myself… right? Yes, absolutely. Unless she did something crazy, like get naked.

For Christ's sake. Oh, right, this is Bella Swan. Silly me. "I want to come in, Bella, but if you don't want me to I'll understand completely."

"Why wouldn't I want you to come in?" she asked confusedly.

"Cause I'm dangerous," I said, smiling widely at her.

She blinked a few times then replied, "You are that, but I've told you before, I'm not afraid of you."

"I guess I'll just have to give you a reason then," I joked, getting out of the car. For the first time I realized my knee was throbbing. Shit.

I took a cautious step, just sore. Phew! Bella was out of the car now, and giving me a funny look as I stood there testing my knee. She started around the front of my car and I met her there.

Now, this is really where I say 'here goes nothing'.




0 comments: