Crawl - Prologue: Part Two

A/N: Strae Alpha Beta'd. hennaluv was my night in shining armor(or perhaps she was Cinderella 4 me, hm? ;). I thank them both.


Dilated eyes shine for one last time.

Breaking Benjamin ~ Crawl


Prologue: Part Two

Jacob's Point of View


The sight was horrifying. There was blood everywhere. Corpses everywhere. Some of them talked, but they were just as dead as she was. They didn't breathe, they didn't eat, they didn't sleep – they were dead. She wanted to be like them, but it was too late.

That thing, the monster, the baby he created with her, it killed her. She was lifeless. His venom didn't work. My hands couldn't make it spread, his hands couldn't make it spread. The venom just sat in her heart, in her veins, unmoving and dead, like her. Her heart was dead.

She was dead.

She's dead, Edward, I told him through my head.

"No," he sobbed tearlessly.

You killed her.

He retched, his body convulsing, but nothing was expelled. He couldn't vomit, just one more inhuman thing about him.

Never in my life would I witness anything more gruesome and disgusting, of that I was sure. She was so broken. Her spine, her ribs, the gaping hole in her stomach, her blood spilled all over the floor. The bite mark on her breast. Her blood on his hands. Her blood on my hands, too.

Her blood would forever be on my hands, now. I should have taken her away. I should have known he would kill her. I could have saved her. I should have saved her.

I let her die. That was nearly as bad as killing her. No, not nearly, it was just as bad. I didn't love her enough to save her life. He didn't love her enough to save her either. He loved her less than I did, he killed her.

"I love her," he cried, his body continuously convulsing."Come back to me, Bella. Be with me. Stay with me. I can't… I can't…" He sobbed, mumbling endearments. Stupid useless words.

She can't hear you. It's too late. You killed her.

A broken keen literally shattered the mirror a few rooms over. Edward's hands fell from his dead wife and he shook convulsively in grief, lamenting, sobbing, screaming in agony.

"No!" I heard a quavering voice on the lower level scream back. Her morbid wail joined.

"Alice," Jasper choked with her. "Alice, please," he begged.

They were all grieving.

In the overwhelming grief, the chaos, I noticed the fluttering heartbeat was nowhere to be found. I imagine the Blonde Bitch took her away from this.

We all suffering, yet, I was willing to bet, none of them placed the blame where it belonged. Would any of them ever hold Edward responsible?

That monster he created. He put a part of himself inside of Bella and he created the monster. He killed my Bella.

Before I even realized what was happening, I was shifting, painfully. The room was tiny when I was in wolf form, but I wasted no time. I ran into the blood-sucking parasite, sending him flying through the window wall and landing on top of him on the ground below.

We had an agreement.

I would be the one to make sure he ceased to exist. Not for him, even though he'd said he wanted to die without her. Not for me, even though I wanted him gone more than anything. But for her.

She'd hate me for what I was about to do, but I should have done it for her a long time ago. It was too late now, because she was gone, but the only thing I could even think clearly enough to do was to make sure he was gone too.


Somewhere in the background Alice was screaming. I sensed Jasper following, hot on my trail. I ran hard, dragging Edward through the underbrush by his wrist. He didn't move.

Leah and Seth were both in wolf form. I felt their panic briefly overwhelm me as they tried to start following us. Everything was still so fresh in my mind that they saw everything I'd seen, faltering at the intensity of emotions and the gore during her…

I couldn't even think it.

Her… death.

I ran, using my nose to find the nearest scent of fire. I ended up on a recently abandoned campsite. The fire was barely there, but just a spark of heat would hopefully be enough.

Go to Hell, I yelled viciously at him through my head.

As if finally content at the prospect of death, he smiled as I sunk my teeth into his throat.




0 comments: