Crawl - Prologue: Part One

A/N: I fully realize a lot of people are going to avoid this story because of the character death, but I beg of you, give it a chance. If you absolutely have to, just skip these first two chapters. I wish for you to read them, but they aren't completely necessary as long as you realize this isn't a Bella X Edward story and those characters are gone.

This is my alternate version of Breaking Dawn. Everything is the same, up until about page 356 in the book. Jacob doesn't leave when Edward tells him to, he doesn't see Nessie, and Bella's heart doesn't change. This is a much darker version of Breaking Dawn, in my opinion. I'm going to keep it as canon as possible, though, I promise.

Just keep in mind that everyone interprets things differently. This...I guess...will be my interpretation.

Thanks to my beta Strae for being so neat. A huge thanks to hennaluv for being my Beta Number Awesomesauce for this story.


Your hope is gone, and so is mine.

Breaking Benjamin ~ Crawl


Prologue: Part One

Edward's Point of View


Pain.

Death.

Mere moments separated her final heartbeat from my final breath, but it seemed like an eternity.

Her blood no longer ran, her breath no longer came, and she wasn't undead. She was dead. I killed her.

I hardly realized the loud keening sound was coming from my mouth.

Jacob transformed from human to wolf with a pained cry. I knew what was coming and I welcomed it.

The thing inside of Bella was no where in sight. My daughter? Our daughter. Renesmee? It didn't matter.

Bella… died. I was following.

Jacob crashed us through the glass wall behind me and we landed to the ground that neither of us felt. I stayed completely still as he hauled my limp form off, his teeth piercing through my armored skin, grinding at my wrist.

Vaguely, I was aware of cries. Cries from within the slowly receding house. Cries fit to split ears, yet I found myself not to care. I couldn't care.

All I cared about was her. Getting to her, where ever she was. Being with her forever.

She made me believe in Heaven. Earth and anywhere else would be Hell without her. I was meant to be wherever she was.

Jacob would send me to her. I would go happily.

Death is peaceful.




0 comments: