Purgatory: Senior Year - Chapter 20

All recognized characters belong to Stephenie Meyer. No copyright infringement intended.

This chapter has been beta'd by the ever amazing: Strae


We sat there for about five minutes just breathing. The air around us was heavy with the smell of her and I probably looked like the Cheshire cat, grinning like a fool.

"Edward… I…" I hushed her again and kissed her neck. Somehow I already knew the time for talking had passed. Bella would be back to feeling uncomfortable, I just prayed she didn't regret this. "We're going to get caught."

I suppose the likelihood of that would increase the longer I kept my hand in her pants. But fuck, my hand was in her pants, and I sure as hell didn't want to remove it. She shifted against me, not wriggling to get closer this time, but to get away, at least from my hand in her pants. I gritted my teeth and forced myself to bear the thought that she might end up pissed at me for taking advantage of her. I pulled my hand out and zipped and buttoned her pants for her. I rested my hands on her thighs and couldn't stop staring at the indent her panties had left across the back of my hand. I kind of wished it was like a brand, but I knew it would fade away.

"Thank you," she said unexpectedly.

"Really?" I asked, grinning like an idiot again.

She shifted against me and looked up at me. "Yes, really."

I leaned in and kissed her. I kissed her with everything I had, and I'm damn proud to say I had her all but writhing against me again – and the only reason she wasn't was because she could barely move with her body crushed against me and her head leaned back.

Our kiss was cut short when the sliding door slid open and my mom called for us to be inside in five minutes for supper. Bella tensed.

"He's going to know," she said.

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't help it, this was just ridiculous. "Oh yeah, Bella, he's going to know I just had my hand in your panties and gave you your first orgasm." Nothing could deter the proud motherfucker grin I was currently wearing.

She tensed further. "This isn't funny."

"Hey, don't get mad okay, you just need to relax. Stop worrying about your dad. You're eighteen, Bella, an adult. You're horny just like the fucking rest of us and you're not going to feel bad about that."

She stayed tensed for a few more moments then let out a long breath and a giggle.

"There," I said, hugging her. "Now, did I keep my promise?"

I heard the laugh in her voice as she said, "Yeah. You rocked my world all right."

I growled, partly because I really hoped she wasn't kidding and I was letting myself believe that she just confirmed how awesome I was. "Are you going to keep your promise to me?"

"I didn't actually promise anything."

"Bella," I whined.

"It's time for supper," she said, breaking my hold and sliding down from the rock.

"You'd rather go in there right this second, face them all, then make a promise to me?"

She froze, bit her lip, and looked to be seriously considering her options. "Yep," she decided and marched towards the house.

I laughed a little to myself and jumped down from the rock, careful to avoid putting weight on my knee. I caught up to her easily and slid an arm around her waist to stop her. I turned her in my arms and held her close. "Look at me Bella." Grudgingly, she did. "I meant what I said. I do want to spend my life with you. I love you no matter what, forever."

She relaxed into my arms and pulled herself closer to me. "I love you too, and I feel the same way, but I'm still not making any promises."

I had to laugh again. "That wasn't my point in saying that. But jeez, you're stubborn."

There was a few moments of silence between us, just holding each other, then Bella decided it was time to face the family and lead me inside. I guess this was technically our first dinner with the parents.

I pulled out the chair next to Alice for Bella and took a seat next to her. Jasper and Dad were deep in a discussion about the Sea Hawks jerseys, while Charlie eyed the table setting greedily. I think I could have thrown Bella on the table and taken her right there and Charlie wouldn't have noticed… unless her elbow landed in the mashed potatoes or something.

My mind went a tad overboard with that idea, imagining exactly how much fun it would be to take her on the table. For starters, I'd try those perfect nipples. Licking, sucking, biting. The entrée would include nothing but my head buried between her thighs and more licking, sucking, and biting. And for desert, the grand fucking slam.

Oh, Edward!

An elbow connected with my side and Jasper's hand was waving back and forth in front of my face. "Yo, buddy, some of us would like to eat while it's still hot."

Oh, right, actual food. I grabbed the bowl of salad in front of me, threw some on my plate and passed it to Bella. Around and around the bowls and plates went, I threw some of everything on, not really paying attention to what it was. The table was loud and I wasn't interested in the conversation, hell, I wasn't even interested in the food.

"What's up with you?" Bella muttered out the side of her mouth.

I grabbed her hand under the table and placed it on the straining zipper of my jeans. Her eyes nearly flew out of her head. "You asked," I muttered back. And she really got her answer. What was up with me was my dick trying to grow opposable thumbs and unbutton my pants. Fuck, I don't think I'd ever been so hard in my life.

She turned her head towards me, biting her lip and giving me a lusty stare that didn't help my situation at all. Her face was flushed and matched the red roses in the centerpiece. I let go of her wrist and shifted in my seat, feeling even more uncomfortable now that it registered in my mind that her hand was on my cock… in a way. Her hand slowly fell away to rest on my thigh, which she gripped. That was a mistake because it just brought back the fresh memory of her arched against me, moaning, her wet heat against my fingers.

I was seriously in danger of actually acting on one of my needy impulses. I didn't care if the Chief carried a gun, I was ready to nail his daughter on the floor whether he shot me or not.

"Bella, are you pressing charges on Black?"

"No, she is not."

"That is not your choice, Dad."

"Yes, it is. I will not have that report filed. I'll take care of Jacob myself."

"He forced himself on me, something needs to be done!" Bella's angry raised voice brought the conversation front and center, and her hand left my leg.

"I just told you I'd take care of it. Besides, you know, he… umm…" Charlie trailed off and looked around the table, and seemed to realize this was not the place nor time.

"What dad, what did Mr. Perfect do?" Lethal sarcasm marred her tone to something nearly unrecognizable.

"This isn't the place to discuss this Bella, we'll talk about it when we get home."

But she was angry now and she wasn't dropping it. "No, finish what you were saying. What did Jacob do?"

"He said you were kissing him back, Bella, responding to… umm… him."

"And you believe that? You honestly believe everything he says, don't you? Over me, you believe what he says over me?"

Charlie shot me a glare, like this was all my fault. "I said we'll discuss it when we get home."

"No. We're discussing this now! It is not your choice whether I file a report, and maybe Edward wants to file a report. Edward merely pulled him off of me, Jacob attacked him!"

"He did a hell of a lot more than just pull him off," Charlie stated.

"Self defense!" Bella seethed. "Look at his nose, it could be broken!"

"He's been in a lot of fights, Bella." Everyone knew who he was talking about. Me, trouble maker Edward. I'd been lucky until now, the police had never been involved, but it wasn't a secret that my temper was easily lost, and that I liked to throw punches. I was getting to that point, and as a matter of fact, Charlie's face was looking a little too colorless.

"Edward, can you help me clean up the table please?" My mother sensed my anger and tried to get me off the dynamite stick. I was rigged to blow any minute, my fuse burning up fast, and she just wanted nothing more then to move the explosion somewhere safer.

I ground my teeth and shot her a glare. "We'll take care of it, Mrs. C." Jasper grabbed my arm, tightly, and pulled me up. He seemed to sense my plan and grabbed all of the knives off the table, as well as the other dirty dishes. I was left to remove the food.

Livid, I slammed things around and nearly broke a few of my mom's favorite ceramics in the process. In the kitchen, I dropped the food to the island then marched back in, guns a-blazin', or so I wished. Bella was collecting up some more of the leftovers. With her help, the table was completely cleared and after dropping everything to the island, she caught one of my hands and used her free hand on my chest to push me into the pantry, closing the door behind us.

I left the light off. "I'm sorry," she said immediately, though I could feel the anger rolling off of her like a dry heat.

"For what?" I asked. "Did you kiss him back, get into it?"

I couldn't see a thing, it was pitch black and still I knew there was a shocked expression on her face. I reacted without thinking. I pushed her back against the door and I slammed myself against her exactly the way he had. I moved her hands to my hips, the way she'd held him and forced my lips and body to hers.

Her lips were tight, her hands fighting me off, so I responded. I moved away. She kept hold of my hips and I stayed about a foot away from her, silent.

"I didn't kiss him, I didn't, I don't want him," she whispered.

"I know," I whispered back. I did know, but I'd let my temper flare, burning her.

"No," she said sharply, loud enough to make me jump in the blackness. "He had no right," she growled. Her hands on my hips pulled me back to her. "I want you, Edward," she said.

I meant to just kiss her lightly, but she pulled me close and held me there. Her fingers dug into my hips and her mouth was hot and aggressive against mine. Her tongue fought for dominance and I let her have it, letting her taste and have every part of my mouth. She pushed her stomach against my relentless erection and moaned into my mouth when she felt it there. This was my wild cat Bella, channeling her anger and making it pure sex. Her hands started moving against my hips, rocking me, so I followed the movement, rocking myself into her, circling and rubbing my needy arousal against her stomach. I dropped my hips low and pushed my crotch against hers. She moaned into my mouth again. I was past making sounds. I was actually just in pain more than anything. My balls ached and I wanted out of my jeans.

A light tap came from behind Bella's head. Jasper whispered through the door. "You two need to finish up in like twenty seconds unless you want Charlie to witness the bump and grind you got going on in there."

I didn't realize how heavy I was breathing or how close to cumming I actually was until I moved away from her. Her hands followed the curve of my hips as I stepped away and they ended up at my zipper. "I promise," she whispered, pressing her palms against the front of my pants and then disappearing. The door cracked open and I saw her silhouette move into the bright lights of the kitchen. The door closed and I was left in the dark to think about her promise.

Fucking hell, I needed a shower.




0 comments: