Purgatory: Senior Year - Chapter 31

All recognized characters belong to Stephenie Meyer. No copyright infringement intended.
This chapter has been beta'd by the ever amazing: Strae


Morning came impossibly fast, but at least it was unusually pleasant. With Bella curled up in arms, wearing nothing but my button-down, morning just didn't have the same unlikableness. It was a cell phone buzzing somewhere in the distance that roused me.

Shit! was my first thought. But the clock said it was 6:04. Deep sigh of relief. One of my hands was dead numb under Bella's hip, but I didn't move it. With my other hand, I tenderly began rubbing her upper thigh. She shifted a little bit, so to ease her out of sleep I applied a bit more pressure. I worked my way up to her hip, absolutely giddy with the fact that she wasn't wearing any underwear, then back down her thigh. She shifted again, this time back into me.

"Morning, love," I whispered into her ear.

I swear there was a laugh mixed in with that groan. She rolled over to she was facing me and threw both her arm and leg around me, giving me a full body hug.

I hummed in approval and hugged her back. "I hope this means you're moving in with me." She laughed lightly against my chest. "I'm not kidding," I whined. "I'm seriously going to die if I can't spend every night with you." She pulled back to look at me. I cringed lightly. "And I don't mean-"

"I know," she said, pushing her face back into my chest and kissing it. "I'm going to miss this too."

"I don't like the way you made that sound like this will never happen again."

"Oh, it will happen again if I have anything to say about it. I just don't know when or how often."

"Well, my plan works perfectly. See, there's plenty of room for your clothes in here and we don't need your bed, since mine works great, and you could bring your computer if you really wanted to, or we could get a new one."

"Edward," she groaned.

"Okay, I'll shut up," I said. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head and stayed there, with my face against her hair.

She raised her head again, slowly, and I kissed my way along it. My lips touched her forehead and her nose and finally her lips.

"I wish it were-"

"I know."

"I don't want to get out of bed with you."

"Well-" Her phone started buzzing again somewhere cutting me off.

"I think that's mine," she muttered. I nodded. She sighed. Then sighed again. Then groaned and moved away from me. "If it's Alice, I'm going to…" she trailed away, muttering to herself.

She shifted to the other side of the bed, throwing her legs out from under the comforter and standing. She tucked her wild hair behind her ears.

"Bella wait," I said as she started to move away. I crawled across the bed to her and muttered, "Your shirt is buttoned wrong."

She looked down, confused. I suppose she wouldn't find anything wrong with the way it was buttoned but I knew different. I quickly unbuttoned every button except one in the middle. I pressed a kiss to her lips and said, "There. Perfect."

She scoffed and swatted halfheartedly at me. The glare she gave was feeble and made me laugh. I threw myself back across the bed to my pillows as she moved towards her bag. My eyes followed her movements meticulously. Every time her right foot came forward, I got flashed. And the shirt was practically falling off her shoulders, so despite her best efforts, I got plenty of boob flashing too.

I love my life.

"Ugh, it was Alice!" I presume she was scanning her missed calls and texts while she stood there – and I ogled. "I guess I can't be mad… She just wanted to make sure I got up. I do need to shower."

There was a drawn out silence where I was simply captivated by the apex of her thighs. "Oh," I said, realizing she'd been talking to me. About needing a shower. Right. "Well, if that look on your face means I can join you if I wish, I'm really going to have to pass. The second that shirt comes off, my self-control is shot to hell and you won't be leaving this room any time in the near future."

"Oh really?" she asked, popping the last button.

"Isabella Swan," I growled as she grabbed either side of the shirt. "I'm not kidding, at all."

Bella cocked an eyebrow and daringly started letting the shirt slide off her shoulders completely. My body reacted just the way I expected it to, launching me off the bed and Bella started backing into the bathroom the shirt falling lower and lower.

My bedroom door swung open. "Oh good! You're up," came my mother's voice.

Bella squeaked and pulled the shirt around herself as quickly as she could. It didn't exactly work to well with it down at her elbows. It seems for me a combination of surprise, stress, and my mom's voice was the remedy for morning wood.

"Oh, Bella, I didn't know you were here." My mom shot me an incredibly dirty look. "Make your bed," she said, placing a stack of clean laundry on my dresser. "And put these away." She picked up my dirty laundry basket and turned to eye Bella. "Anything you need washed, dear?"

"No," Bella said, shaking her head, and tucking her hands under her arms across her chest.

"Okay. I'm going to go start breakfast. Anything in particular that you'd like?"

"Yeah, I'd love some-"

"I wasn't asking you," my mom cut me off, giving me the evil eye again.

"No, thank you, Mrs. Cullen," Bella said, cringing back slightly.

My mother gave her the sweetest of smiles. "Esme, please, dear."

Bella nodded. "Sorry."

"Oh, don't you worry. Let me know if I can get you anything." I got the glare of death one final time before my mom disappeared through my door with my laundry.

All of Bella's fun and teasing was gone. She closed the bathroom door most of the way, leaving it just a crack open. I made my bed and put my clean laundry away, then stripped into my birthday suit before heading into the bathroom. While Bella was showering, I shaved and brushed my teeth.

"Are you in here?" Bella asked.

I spit into the sink. "Yup."

She peeked around the shower curtain to find me standing naked by the sink. "Oh, holy shit," she squeaked, throwing the shower curtain back in front of her face. I had to chuckle. "You're naked," Bella gasped.

"Yes, my love, that I am, with intentions of getting in the shower as soon as you're done so keep the water running and hurry up!"

"Well… buh… umm… Can you hand me a towel?"

"Sure thing, babe." I dug up a nice fluffy, white one. "Here you are."

She slowly peeked through the shower curtain. I believe she was trying not to look, but her eyes immediately traveled down to my erection. They widened and her lips parted, her tongue sweeping back and forth over the soft curves of them.

I cleared my throat and she blushed deeply, giving me an apologetic look. I gave her an eyebrow waggle and kissed her. "It's there just for you, look all you want."

She smiled and grabbed the towel, covering her front side up nice and tight before stepping out of the shower. She lost her footing on the slippery tile and I jumped forward to catch her, creating lots of skin on skin contact. My cock ended up on the smooth, soft skin of her upper thigh with the way I was crouched down to catch her and when I stood back up it slid underneath her towel, the head landing at her bellybutton.

"Mmm," I moaned. "This is not good." I pushed her backwards into the bathroom wall. "You really are going to have to be more careful, Miss Swan."

I bent down and pressed my lips against hers, creating rough, wet friction between them. Bella whimpered into my mouth as I rolled my hips against her and wrapped my tongue around hers. Even through the towel still between us, I could feel the rock hard tips of her nipples digging into my upper stomach. I grabbed each of her thighs and picked her up, sliding her upwards against the wall. When her body was level with mine, her lips at my lips, and her sex at mine, I created even greater friction between us, on both our mouths and lower. Her back arched away from the wall and her lower lips stroked at my length. I maneuvered us both until we were aligned just right and slowly started to push forward.

Bella made a hissing sound, her body arching away from me. I groaned and came to my senses. "Jesus, Bella, I'm sorry, I forgot."

Her fingers dug into my shoulders. "It's okay. If it weren't for your parents, I'd be all for this."

"No. Too soon. God, I'm a prick." I carefully set her back onto the floor.

"Edward! Look at me right now." It wasn't until she said it that I realized that I was completely avoiding her gaze. I raised my eyes to hers, trying to convey so many emotions at one. My love for her, my apology for the pain of last night and more importantly the hurt that I nearly made that much worse, my embarrassment at losing control of myself. "You are no such thing."

"Well, it was totally uncalled for. The last thing you need right now is for me to jump you. I'm gonna hop into the shower before I pull another stupid move."

"Edward," she said and stopped me by grabbing my arm as I turned for the running shower. "Everything about last night was perfect. For me, I mean, it was perfect."

I stepped back to her, cupping her face. "Me too, love. And believe me, I'm going to go mad thinking about it over the next couple days. But you need to heal."

"I feel fine." She had that stubborn set to her eyebrows.

I sighed. "Love, you bled last night. Quite a bit. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry, but I'm… not trying to toot my own horn here, but I'm quite big and I think we're going to have to take this one step at a time. I… think… I hope last night was the worst of it, for you, but…" I didn't want to continue with the rest of my plan.

"Thank you."

"For what love?"

"Everything. Just everything. I always wanted it to be you," she looked down and peeked up at me through her lashes, "and I never doubted you, but you've been amazing to me. I feel like you've been so good to me, and I'm seriously lacking on my side."

"You've been doing just fine." She peeked down at my erection. "Don't you worry yourself over the fact that I'm a hornball. Just pretend that it's sort of like a dog's tail, it wags because it's happy to see you and well," I motioned to my junk.

"A dog wags its tail because it expects to be pet."

Shit, she was good at making points. "That wasn't the point I was trying to make. I mean that it's not there because I want it to be."

"Sure, but it still expects attention."

"We'll talk about it later. Right now I need to shower and we need to get out to breakfast before my mom comes back here again."

Bella blanched slightly. I kissed her quickly and jumped behind the shower curtain. I shrieked when the water hit me. "Jesus, that's cold!"

Bella laughed. "Yeah… uh… yeah."

"Congrats Bella, you've found the second trick to making my tail stop wagging."

She snorted. "What's the first?"

"My mom."

She laughed at that one. The painfully cold shower worked like a charm, for all intents and purposes, that is. I couldn't stand to be in there long enough to actually have what was considered a shower by any means. Besides, I pretty much shed a layer of skin with last night's shower. The water had been so hot and I scrubbed so hard.

I ran through the bathroom in my towel, straight past Bella to my dresser, my teeth chattering. Underwear, jeans, a long-sleeve shirt, and a t-shirt over it went on it record time. I scrubbed my head with the towel trying to get all of the cold droplets of water from it. Some hot food sounded perfect. I shifted from foot to foot waiting for Bella to finish up whatever she was doing in the bathroom. She came out dressed, her hair mostly dry over her shoulders. I grabbed her hand and hurried for the kitchen.

The smell of maple and meat hit my nose and my stomach growled ferociously. Eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, the works were waiting in steaming piles on the counter. I pounced like a wild cat. My plate over flowed and two glasses of milk hardly seemed like enough.

Esme was chattering at Bella while I stuffed my face, I didn't catch a word of it. I belched loudly when I finished the last of my toast and milk.

"Edward!" my mom said in a scolding tone.

"Sorry, mom." I kissed Bella's cheek. "Sorry, love." I patted Mom's hand. "That was really good. Thank you."

"Yes, thank you Mrs.— Esme. It was delicious. And thank you for being so kind to me." Bella looked down at her lap.

Mom smiled at me. "Don't you even worry about it, dear. I'm glad to have you here." For some reason, I got the feeling that I wasn't going to get quite the treatment she gave Bella. But I'd take it, if it meant she was going to be so accepting of Bella every time she stayed.

"Are you done?" I asked Bella. She nodded. "Mom?" She nodded. "Sweet!" I grabbed the last of the eggs and then froze with the spoon halfway to my mouth. "Wait. Where's Dad?"

"He left right after we got back. The hospital was apparently trying to contact him all weekend but neither of our cells were receiving messages, or signals." The look that crossed her face added the, "Because they were turned off." I cringed.

"Will he be home tonight?"

My mom's expression went right back to motherly. "Yes, should be. I don't think it was all that important, I'm sure they could handle it, but you know how they are about your father." I nodded. "I'll tell him you asked for him this morning." I nodded to her again. I assumed she'd percept that I wanted to speak with him. She nodded back.

I finished the eggs. And Bella helped mom clear the table. She left shortly after that to stop home before school.

School itself was boring as usual. I took up my normal activity of staring at Bella most of the day. Afterwards, Bella said she couldn't come over tonight and she had to at least give Charlie one night. Something about a weekend of takeout and Alice's cooking had put him in a bad mood and she had to spend some time with him. I kissed her goodbye and told her to call when ever she got a moment.

I pulled around to the garage when I got home. Dad's car wasn't back yet so I dicked around with an old issue of Sports Illustrated while I waited for him. An hour later, there was no sight of him. I sighed and went up to the house.

"Talked to Dad?" I asked Mom as soon as I walked in, dropping my car keys loudly to the table in the entry hall.

"He said he'd be home around supper time. Come here, Edward." I'd been headed for the basement but I made a right turn into the kitchen where Mom was cutting up some veggies in her apron. "I know you know what this is about." I nodded and took a seat across from her. She wagged her knife at me. "You need to be careful, Edward. Chief Swan is sure as heck not happy about you dating his daughter and he's going to have a coronary when he finds out you're sleeping with her."

"Mom, I know this, but Charlie needs to let her go. She's eighteen, he keeps the leash too damn short. We're not running around town shouting it from rooftops and from what I know, you, Bella, and I are the only ones who know. Besides, last night was the first time anyways."

Mom's eyes widened considerably at that. "Oh." She paused. "Well, that doesn't matter. First time or fiftieth first time, the risks are the same. If she gets pregnant-"

"Glove or no love, mom. Pregnancy isn't an issue." Which really was something I needed to keep in mind. No more spur of the moment control loss.

"No less, we'd like to keep a friendly relationship with Charlie. Him finding out that Bella stayed the night here with our knowledge is going to deter that relationship."

"Like I said before mom, Bella… short leash," I made a motion with my hand like someone yanking on a choke collar. "He has to learn to deal with the fact that Bella's an adult who has sex. And I'm trying to help her see that there is nothing wrong with human nature so I'd appreciate if you'd keep the diplomatics on the down low."

"I guess I see your point, but it's not going to make Charlie see the point. He's going to blow his lid when he finds out."

"We'll deal with that when the time comes, Mom. Will you call me when supper is ready?" She nodded and I headed for the basement.

I worked out for as long as I could stand to with my mind in such a mess. I'd been thinking about talking to Dad all day and my nerves were being grated by every second that passed. It was one of those sure to be uncomfortable talks that you just knew you had to have.

I hopped in the shower and changed quickly and made it to the dinner table before my mom could call for me. I heard Dad's car pull in.

"Just in time," my mom muttered with a smile as she set roasted potatoes down in front of me.

The front door opened and closed and my dad's keys hit the table. "Smells delicious, my lovely wife." My dad kissed my mom on the cheek. "Hey kid, how was your weekend?"

"Um, great."

He looked up at me as he poured himself a glass of milk. "The 'um' tells me it wasn't so great."

"That's not it, I just need to talk to you."

Mom bustled back through from the kitchen with a platter of meat. Dad nodded at me and not another word was said about it.

"I'll be in my office," he said after finishing his meal.

As a delay, I started to help Mom clear the table but she just smiled and said she had it. That left me to make the march up the stairs to my dad's study. I knocked before entering.

"Come in, Edward," my dad said. This all felt vaguely familiar as I sat across from him at his desk, nervous as heck. He folded his long fingers against each other, leaned forward on his elbows, and assumed that 'I'm here to help' look. "What can I do for you, son?"

"You look like a shrink when you do that," I muttered.

"Alright," he said. He unclasped his fingers, leaned way back in his chair and scratched his nuts. "Better?"

"I don't know. Might be worse." My dad chuckled at that. It didn't feel as tense and professional as it had though. "Are you sure you have time?" I asked. He nodded and made a hand gesture for me to continue. I started tapping my foot nervously, biting at the inside of my lip. With a sigh, I started. Sort of. "I want your opinion as a doctor… on something… it's, umm, personal?"

"Ask away."

Great. "I'm expecting this to be kept strictly between us because it's not exactly about me."

He nodded. "Okay. But you need to tell me who it is about and what exactly I can do for you, or them."

"It's Bella," I blurted. Dad just nodded. "We…"

"Take your time," he said after I trailed off. "Just let me know when you're ready to share."

"I'm plenty ready, I just, this felt like the right thing to do this morning, but now I feel like I'm breaking her trust by telling you these… intimate things."

"It's between you and me, kid. I'm here as both a medical professional and as your father. Confidentiality is a given. Bella is important to me because she's important to you, and you're not breaking her trust by trying to help whatever is going on by seeking medical advice."

Well, when you put it that way… "Okay. Last night was our first time."

Dad nodded. "I did assume it was about sex. First you came to me about love, now about sex, next will be about marriage, and then pregnancy – and it better be in that order."

I felt like I was giving 'scout's honor' when I repeated for the second time that day, "No glove, no love."

"Just remember that. I know what it's like to want it so bad, you don't care."

"Can we please not make this about you?"

"It actually sort of was about you, but—"

"Are you telling me I was a mistake? A big horny disaster?" I blurted.

For some reason he found that hilarious. "Of course not. Completely planned. I just meant I sympathize. Now, on with it. First time and?"

"Our first time together, Bella's first time ever."

"Ah. Complications?"

"Bleeding."

"Normal."

"Quite a bit."

"Still normal."

"What other complications were you expecting?"

"Oh, I don't know. Thought maybe you got it stuck or something."

"That's not funny."

"Wasn't suppose to be. It happens."

"Great. Something else to think about."

"Damn kid, when did you get so cryptic? Would you just lay it on me?"

"I want advice. Last night wasn't so great. I mean, sure, it wasn't so bad for me, aside from the fact that I was scared shitless that I was going to break her, it was..." I trailed off, attempting not to groan or shift in my seat at the thought of how it felt inside of Bella. "The point is, she was in shit loads of pain, whether she'll admit it to me or not."

"So you want to know how to make it better?"

"For her. Yes. Less painful."

"Okay, good. Good. So, last night was a complete failure for her, no offense to you?"

"During, yes, not that she'd admit it, but she was just in pain."

"That's normal for every girl's first time. During? So you prove your dad proud and go for the before or after?"

"Dad, I'm looking for the doctor right now, please. And we're not discussing what I do with my girlfriend in the bedroom. I mean, not to that extent."

"You can brag if you want to, I don't mind."

"I am not going to brag about last night."

The serious look was back on his face. "Right. I can assume you took your time?" I nodded. "And she told you when to stop and go, and you listened?" I nodded. "And she was… properly aroused?" I cringed and hoped he'd settle for another nod. I was not about to explain how wet I made my girlfriend to my father. "Well, then I'm sure all is well. You broke her hymen?" I nodded again. "Give her a few days rest, she's going to be sore. And after that, just keep taking your time. Her body has to become accustomed to yours and the best advice I can give you is to just take it slow. Listen to her. Make damn sure you take care of her properly – before, after, or both – because it may take a few times for the pain to reside enough for her to reach an orgasm."

"Pain is all she's going to feel the first few times?"

"It's not the end of the world, Edward. It's a honor for you. You love her and she loves you, this just makes the act more special for you both. She knows you aren't hurting her on purpose-"

"But I kind of am!"

"Would you rather it be someone else?"

"No," I growled.

"Then you have to get through the hard part. Sex isn't supposed to be taken lightly. It's serious business. The pain will be gone soon enough and you two will be—" Oh, please don't say it! "—both having a great time." I sighed. "And fucking like bunnies!"

God! Bleeding ears. Bleeding. Ears! "Loosen up!" said dad as he stood up and clapped me on the shoulder. "Alright, more advice, the more uncomfortable kind. If I were you, I'd—"

"Don't even fucking tell me what you would do to my Bella."

His chuckle was a bit darker than usual. "You are so much like me. You know that scar on your uncle's lip? I gave that to him for putting his hand on Esme's arm one Christmas. I could have made sure it healed all clean and scar free, but I wanted that scar there as a reminder. Anyways, I'll rephrase. My advice to you for how to proceed with your girlfriend is to let her set the pace, depth, etcetera. Let her be on top now that the hardest part for her is over. Plus, you being on bottom have two free hands. You do know what to do with those?"

"Yes." I stood up, not able to handle anymore of this conversation. At least I had some more insight now. "Thanks."

"Hold up a second there." He stepped in front of my path. "Have you considered doing some shopping?"

"For what?"

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Edward, I know you're not modest enough to not know what I'm talking about." But Dad, you fried my brain. "Toys, you Nimrod. Think about it."

Oh… oh… god. "You know I appreciate your help," I muttered, "but please don't ever, ever repeat that word again." I closed the door as quickly as I could, slipping through and practically running to clear my head.


0 comments: